10 Reasons to Choose YANMAR's Combined Heat and Power10/19/16
If you’re considering a more efficient method for heating and powering your building, you may be wondering why YANMAR’s micro Combined Heat and Power (CHP) system would be a wise investment for your home or business. Below, we’ve listed the top 10 reasons more customers are choosing YANMAR CHP.
- Economic Savings: By using natural gas or propane as the fuel source, YANMAR’s CHP produces useful heat with free electricity as a byproduct.
- Environmental Impact: Switching to YANMAR’s CHP for heat and power can reduce a building’s carbon footprint by as much as 50 percent compared to grid electricity and commercial heating equipment.
- Noise Reduction: Whether installing YANMAR’s CHP unit outside or inside, the system is whisper quiet with decibel levels that are lower than a normal conversation.
- Grid Independence: With the YANMAR Blackout Start (BOS) option, customers can enjoy worry-free operation of the CHP unit even when there is an electric utility outage.
- Grid Interconnectivity: High efficiency inverters convert the YANMAR CHP’s generated electrical output into AC voltage, frequency and synchronization to meet any energy requirements, as well as to meet UL1741 and IEEE1547 requirements.
- Remote Locations: By using propane and BOS, the YANMAR CHP can provide heating and power to even the most remote buildings.
- Durability: YANMAR’s CHP offers world class durability. Using a high efficiency YANMAR-designed gas engine that runs off of natural gas or propane, these units can run maintenance-free for 7,500 (35 kW) or 10,000 (5 & 10 kW) hours.
- Versatility: Depending on heating and electrical requirements, YANMAR’s CHP can be installed in most residential and commercial facilities ranging from 3,000 – 100,000 square feet.
- Modular Equipment: Because up to 16 YANMAR CHP systems can run in parallel, electrical production can range from 5 kW to 560 kW. Designed to work together, multiple units will produce only the amount of electricity required, and system use is rotated for synchronized service.
- Peace of Mind: YANMAR’s remote monitoring system provides 24/7/365 monitoring, which reduces the amount of time needed for diagnostics and repair, allows for offsite troubleshooting and enables scheduled maintenance. Remote monitoring may also improve the customer’s return on investment by optimizing system operation.
If you’re interested in learning more about YANMAR’s micro cogeneration technology, please visit www.yanmar-es.com/products/CHP to watch the product overview video, explore more benefits and start your performance summary.